- Has enough research been done?
- There have only been clinical trials completed with the vaccination.
- Is there too much media hype concerning people and making them paranoid?
- The swine flu and influenza have the same symptoms. Which is which?
- This is the 1st year of the swine flu vaccination. Will it work? Is it too early to know?
- People can die from all different types of influenza.
- Are pharmaceutical companies just trying to make a buck?
- What happened to common sense: hand washing and proper hygiene.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Swine Flu Vaccine or Not?
I took Lainey to her Endocrinologist appointment a couple weeks ago. The doctor "recommend" that Lainey receive the swine flu vaccination along with her regular flu shot. The moment he said it, I got that bad feeling; the feeling where your stomach rises to your throat. I truly believe in "that feeling", whether you call it mother's intuition, the Holy Spirit, God, or what. Modern medicine is amazing, but only a mother knows her child.
So I did a little Internet research on the swine flu, the symptoms, location of outbreaks, vaccinations, history, etc. It's hard to know where to stand, but I'm 95 percent sure I won't be taking Lainey to get the swine flu vaccination. My impressions were confirmed when I called my pediatrician's office and they said they weren't offering the vaccination.
I'd like to know what other T1 Moms think. What are your opinions?
I know diabetics immune systems are more susceptible to sickness and hospitalization, and I 100 percent believe in the flu vaccine. I'm comforted in knowing that it's been around for 20+ years and there have been little side effects.
My concerns about the swine flu and swine flu vaccinations:
Thoughts? Even if you don't agree with me, I'd like to know.
Posted by Megann at 1:12 PM