Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st Day of School

Lainey's first day of preschool went pretty well.
I drove her to school so I could stay and help her with lunch. While waiting for food to be served, I met with the nurse and her teacher to go over diabetic stuff. They are great and very helpful. Lainey's BG was at 114 before lunch, and after she ate, I showed her teacher how to use the insulin pump and gave her her lunch dose. Ms. Barb has a diabetic daughter and is familiar with the whole sha-bang, but hasn't used an Animas Pump before.
Lainey rode the bus home (2 hours after lunch sugar check and dose) and when I checked her BG, she was at 49. I kept asking her if she felt low at school and she said no.
Hmmmm.
Not sure what to do about that one.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Oh man - 49 - YUCK!

But you will get it figured out... AND it sounds like you have A LOT going for you guys there!! A TEACHER THAT IS ALSO A D MOMMA??? WOW!!!!

LaLa said...

Woooah! 49 - yuck!
It can only get better - right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...