Monday, November 16, 2009

"I Knew You Could!" by Craig Dorfman

A friend of mine gave me this book and said, "When I read it, I thought of you."

I read it.

And it made me think of all my blogging mommy friends.


This is a children's book that is part of "The Little Engine That Could" series. It's a book to 'celebrate all the stops' in life, to choose a track, and experience different things on that track. Here are a few excerpts from the book:


"I knew you could! And you knew it, too--
That you'd come out on top after all you've been through.
And from here you'll go farther and see brand-new sights.
You'll face brand-new hills that rise to new heights.


.....Sometimes you'll look up and see planes in the sky.
And you'll think to yourself, "I wish I could fly."
The cars on the road will seem quick and free--
You'll feel stuck on your track and think, "I wish that were me."


......But the plane might wish he could get out of the air.
Saying, "I wish I could travel like that train down there."


......Don't worry about not being a car or a plane,
Just enjoy the trip you'll take as a train.


.....On the days that you're sad and feel you can't go,
Speak up and ask a friend for a tow......

.....Try to remember the world is so wide,
Full of all kinds of people with their own trains to ride.
Just stay true to yourself as you travel your track,
With no second-guessing and no looking back.


.....When belief in yourself doesn't feel quite so pure,
And your "I think I can" doesn't quite sound so sure,


......That's when to push and to strive and to strain,
To show the world you're not a giving-up train.
And you're wise if you know that doing your best
Means that sometimes you should slow down and rest.


.....There's more to life that you'll learn as you go,
Because figuring things out on your own helps you grow.
Just trust in yourself, and you'll climb every hill.
Say, "I think I can" and you know what?


You will!"

1 comment:

Meri said...

That is the most awesome book ever. I love it! Thanks for sharing some of the words. I have to get it now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...