Tuesday, October 22, 2013

For You, My Friend


I can not stop thinking of Shamae's three little girls; especially her oldest, Sydney, who is a diabetic not much older than my own.  I hurt for her the most.  A daughter needs her mother; a daughter shouldn't have to go through life without her mother.
And so I found this poem and hope that one day Sydney, along with her sisters, can find peace and joy in their lives.  That's what your mom would want for all of you.

A Daughter's Promise

© Allie B. Quaglieri
Every time that I smile,
Every time that I sigh,
I think of your face,
And a tear escapes my eye.


You were my world,
My inspiration and my heart,
But when you left me,
I thought I would fall apart.



You were my best friend,
My one true 'confidante',
And that's not all you were,
You were also my mom.



I didn't want to live without you,
But you would have wanted me to,
And if there's anyone I want to make happy,
That anyone is you



I would have given anything to have you back,
But I know now that it was meant to be,
For you are still watching from up there,
And I know you're watching me.



I'll make you proud mom,
I'm going to fulfill your wish,
You're going to see me and smile,
That's a daughter's promise.



#FamilyFriendPoems 

5 comments:

Joanne said...

That was beautiful... That you for sharing.

Nicole said...

That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing that poem! <3

Lora said...

I love that poem! So perfect.

AjsMommy82 said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!
My heart hurts for those sweet girls so much too!! :(

Heidi said...

I'm sorry, Megann. My prayers are with her family and friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...