Sunday, July 12, 2009

Favorite Summertime Snacks

This tastes almost as good as the real thing.

We make homemade Popsicles using Crystal Light instead of juice. I found the plastic containers at a craft store.

We like to eat Jell-o with Lite Cool Whip.

Lot's of different flavors...and good too.

Del Monte sliced peach cups are only 6 carbs per cup!






Here's a Jell-o recipe a neighbor gave me. I don't know the name of it, but it has become our favorite. I'll half the recipe if I'm making it for our little family of 4, but if you're having a BBQ or a potluck it's a great dish for lots of people. My guess-ti-mate is 1 cup equals about 10 carbs.


2 cups boiling water

3 small packages of any flavor sugar free Jell-o (I use strawberry)

1 quart buttermilk

16 oz. Lite Cool Whip


Dissolve Jell-o in boiling water. Let cool slightly. Add buttermilk. Fold in cool whip. Let set in refrigerator.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...